October 31, 2011
Yes I was also glad to get the package and yes it is the right stuff I personally was thinking the big boy size would be nice but the smurf setup will work I guess. With the whole coat thing it doesn't really mater that much I have a little coat so I’ll be good for a little while so just whatever works out best I guess.
This week was pretty interesting we got 7 inches of wet snow, which was a lovely thing to wake up to my mission president showed up to church unexpectedly so it was full of fun little surprises. But the week began with us having interviews with the mission president on Tuesday and that went rather well it was nice to see him again and to see how things were going. The rest of the week was kinda a let down a little bit we had a lot of appointments cancel on us so we weren’t able to see to many people however we were again able to do some service for the Snyder family we went over Friday night and helped cut the 5 fool logs into 19 inch sections and put them under the car port near their Amish log splitter. Oddly enough it is run by a Honda engine so apparently all that we have learned about the Amish might be a lie. And then on Saturday after the snow we went back and split it all and staked it nicely all in all it made granny’s woodpile look like a weekend camping trip.
Also on Saturday when we woke up to the snow we got a call at about 10 o’clock one of the ladies from our ward had slid into the ditch and needed a push so we went to the assistance to discover that it wasn’t a ditch it was a culvert with a river running through it so there was no way we were going to be able to push the car out so a tow truck was called but I guess its the thought that counts.
I also got a package this week from Jordan’s mom filled with candy needless to say it made the wards primary very happy ha. This Sunday was our branches primary thingy we had a whopping 6 kids up front singing songs and reading parts for an hour it was amazing how many we had. Sunday morning I'm standing shaking hands as people were entering the chapel when I look to the left and President Topham strolls in kinda scared the crap out of me I never really expected to see him at my ward luckily I was behaving myself at the time.
Other than what has already been shared not too much happened except I did pet an alligator I guess that could be interesting but hopefully this week things come together better and we wont have to rely on my stories of the stupid things I did or the meager service I offered but I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to hear from you all soon
Love '
Elder Kartchner
No comments:
Post a Comment