Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011

Well my back was the worst on Sunday and after that it wasn’t too bad it annoyed me till wed but after that it pretty much went away and I didn’t worry about it. Ha yeah Brett would have done something like that but he needs bacon with the jalapenos if he really wants to clog the ol arteries. So I just found out today that I could skype home for Christmas so that’s an option I have to see if there is anyone in the ward that has skype if I want to do it but I'm good with just calling too it don’t really mater to me. My fireside went pretty good it was a pretty good turnout there were probably 30 people there not what we wanted but we will take it anyway. I’m runnin dangerously low on my gel stuff for my hair so I was wonderin if you could put 30 bucks on my card so I can get some more and a hair cut pretty soon its starting to get a little long but love you. PS today would be nice for that money I don’t think I got enough to last another week.

Well this week was pretty interesting so after our FHE thing we were asked to give talks on Sunday and of course we were able to chose are own topics which is always lovely so at 11 at night on Saturday night I decided what I would talk about and I decided on service I used the stories from President Uchtdorf's talks you are my hands and lift where you stand they were good and it went rather well if I say so myself.

This week was a little bit of a bitter sweet experience we were able to start teaching a new investigator and we set him with a date. He’s investigated before but he wasn’t able to quite smoking so were working with him on that and hopefully he’s able to quite so he can be baptized on the 10 of December. The sad part of this week was that we lost the skavangs as investigators I believe they got antied a bit and the dad is a born again christian that believes we rely too much on our works and he says its all grace and that’s it. We’ll keep stopping by and offering help but the lessons will stop hopefully one day we will be able to start them back up again.

We did some more service this week we were going to put a roof on a barn come to find out we had to take the nails out of the wood for the roof first. The wood used to be an Amish chicken coop the Amish around here are known for the craftsmanship and I’ll tell ya I don’t see why in every board there were probably 50 nails so I don’t know if that was a chicken coop or a meth lab or something of that nature but thy obviously didn’t want that dang thing going anywhere at all.

I get a new companion tomorrow apparently he’s from canada as well I don’t really know where but his name is elder hendrickson I think, so that could be interesting he’s been out one more transfer then me so were both pretty young. But other then that not too much has really happened and I’m not sure whats going to happen next week so I’ll tell ya in a while but I hope everything is going well and I hope that I can hear from you soon.

Love you
Elder kartchenr

No comments: